Roleplayers Central

A place where writers and roleplayers can hang out, host and join games of various styles and genres, and discuss the many aspects of the RPG universe!

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Werewolves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iMazed
Super Gamer

Female Number of posts : 319
Prestige : 0
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Werewolves   Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:43 am

Oh, how I love this game bouncebounce It is quite an extensive game to play, but you're alowed to cheat, sneak, accuse, yell, assasinate and so on. Interested? Read on!

Once upon a time, there was a village called Dogville. It's inhabitants were content, all was quiet and there was never any trouble. Until the murders began. One after the other was found dead, mutilated in their homes or on the street. It would quiet down again for a month or so, and then more loved ones died. Panic started to rise. The cry for the blood of the killer was getting louder and louder by the day. Finally, the Mayor called for a town meeting, to discuss what would happen next.

"Let us look for the killer and do to him what he did to us!" one called out.

"We must rise up against this threat, and take justice into our own hands!" yelled another.

And so it was decided: Anyone who acted in a suspicious way would be questioned and then, every morning, there would be a final vote. All townsfolk is alowed to vote for the one they think is the killer. Time for justice. The one with the most votes on his or her name would die, lynched by the angry villagers.

Does that give you a slight hint of what we are going to do? That's right! From now on, any participant of the game will be from Dogville, and very angry about your neighbours being killed. Now here is for the rules.

For this game 7 or more players are needed. The bigger the group, the better it gets, because then the game takes longer to finish. Everyone gets a different role to play during the game. These roles are:

Werewolf
The badguy in the game. Every night, the werewolves get to pick a player that will die. Only they are alowed to PM each other to decide who will die.

Villager
This group contains:
  • The Innocent: has done nothing wrong and only wants justice.
  • The Seer: this is the only one in town who can see people for what they truely are. Every night, the Seer may pick one of the villagers, and it will be revealed to him if this person is honest or a murdering lunatic.
  • The Tinker:This person is as innocent as a new born baby, but by some mistake he Seer will see him as evil. It's up to the Tinker to convince all of his innocence!

The Lovers
The lovers are two randomly picked players. At the beginning of the game, they will be revealed to each other. They love each other so much, that if one dies, the other one does too. Can you imagine the complications?

How it works
The game alternates between night and day phases. At night, the Werewolves secretly choose a Villager to kill. Also, the Seer (if still alive) asks the moderator whether another player is a werewolf or not. During the day, the Villager who was killed by the werewolf is revealed and is out of the game. The remaining Villagers then vote on the player they suspect is a werewolf. That player is lynched and is out of the game. Werewolves win when there are an equal number of good players and evil players. Villagers win when they have killed the wolves.

At the start of the game, all players are randomly given a role to play. The game starts at "Dawn" with the Seer asking the moderator if a player is good or evil. The seer DOES NOT reveal this directly to the rest of the villagers. The villagers then vote on who to lynch (hoping to lynch an evil player). Whoever recieves the highest number of votes is lynched and is eliminated from the game. This conclude the "daytime" portion of the game.

When "nighttime" is declared, the wolves will PM the moderator who they will kill during the night. The moderator will then post the wolf's choice, and that player is eliminated from the game. This concludes the "nighttime" portion, and the "daytime" portion is repeated.

Players are free to post their ideas regarding who has what role. Players ARE NOT permitted to PM each other about the game, unless they are werewolves.

(I sort of copied these rules from another website, but corrected some here and there.)

Things you also need to know
  • "Daytime" takes 12 hours, and so does "Nighttime"
  • If you haven't voted when daytime is over, your vote will go to the person with the most amount of votes.
  • You may lie about your role
  • Before the game really begins, you will get a PM from the moderator (which will be me for now) to tell you who you are in the game, and any specialties you need to know.
  • Dead players are not allowed to join in the discussion any more.

It looks like a lot to handle right now, but trust me when I say it gets easier when you start playing. It's a lot of fun! If anything is unclear, don't hesitate to ask. I can't see if I missed anything right now.

As always, respect each other. It's just a game!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.booksie.com/imazed
Ungood
Initiate

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:33 pm

This looks very good and well thought out, but a bit complex for a word game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
iMazed
Super Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:08 am

I've told the rest already that this wasn't meant as a word game, but that I didn't really know where to post it otherwise. I think it was Foxee that said it might be more of an RPG, although you don't really create your own characters. I'll think a little more about it, maybe there's a way to integrate it into the lovely world of RPG Smile
Back to top Go down
Ungood
Initiate

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 am

In a strange way this reminds me of that reality show "Mole" (I think it was called).

But beyond getting killed (being lynched or eaten) I am having a bit of a hard time figuring out what exactly us "players" are supposed to be doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://protagonist2antagonist.wordpress.com/
iMazed
Super Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:54 am

You argue, mislead and accuse each other of being a werewolf. Somehow, you must reach a decision as to whom is lynched.

Look, it really seems a lot more complex than it is. You'll not know how much fun it is until you tried!
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:08 am

This looks interesting, but yeah it would be better as a stand alone rpg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iMazed
Super Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:20 am

I'll give it some thought and work it out some more. Only problem is that you need at least 7 people to play as far as I know.
Back to top Go down
Deathblade
Celestial Gamer

Male Number of posts : 2453
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:22 pm

This reminds me of a game in improve club called Mafia, there is a few differences though.
God: Tells a narration of the game and who dies in the morning.

Mafia: At night selects a player to kill

Detective: at night selects a random person and God will tell if its the mafia or not, then has to convince the villagers.

Angel: has the option to resurrect or save anyone including himself/herself.

Vigilante: has a silver bullet to kill anyone, but can only kill one person.

Oh wait I just looked on wiki and it is the same game, there is also a third game called assassin. Since it is the same game can we have a vigilante (a.k.a. rambo, hunter, crazy veteran, bomb, woodcutter, etc.)

here is the link mafia wiki
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iMazed
Super Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:15 am

Very Happy yeah it's the same game, I know. And if you know it too, you can tell them how much fun it is! Care to help me think of how to turn this into a SARPG?
Back to top Go down
Shadow Dragon
Master Gamer

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:35 am

Basically just re-start the thread over in the stand-alone rpgs section. Just repost the first entry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iMazed
Super Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:57 am

I'll put it up today, though I'll make some changes.

Edit: as I have now posted this game in SARPG, this topic can be locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Werewolves   

Back to top Go down

Werewolves
Page 1 of 1